I am just a guy who likes to watch and write about Japanese cartoons. Been doing it for about 4 years now. You can break down my fandom into four easy bullet points in the PowerPoint deck of my life.
- It probably started with the horrible US localization of Go Nagai’s Mazinger known as Tranzor Z. I watched it religiously as a kid. From there came all the usual suspects of adaptation: Voltron, Robotech, etc.
- Even more usual suspects populate my college years, when I really started to pay attention: Vampire Hunter D, Ninja Scroll, Ghost In the Shell, Akira, you know the drill.
- I became a fanboy when I saw Evangelion (the show that launched a million fanboys), not too awfully long after it was released in the US. From there, everything just exploded.
- After falling off the wagon for a while, something called The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya brought me back into the fold, this time more so than ever.
There was a time when some other yahoos were here:
- ghostlightning, the prolific, thought-provoking, and thoroughly fanboy-tastic author of We Remember Love, which I can say without doubt is my favorite anime blog.
- digiboy, who is now some kind of brony.
The girl in my header is by Pixiv artist okiru and was fairly shamelessly lifted.