You may be aware that the second annual Greatest Circlejerk in the History of the World is starting. If you’re not, please ignore this post and move on, it’s already embarrassing enough for me to acknowledge my own participation. But if you are here because of the Tourney, I thought I’d give you a little taste of nice things. You could actually just go to some of my recent Spring 2012 stuff and get a decent grasp of what SOS is about, but here are some of my most-liked and/or most popular posts:
- Talking about letting go [Honey & Clover]
- A meditation on how a cartoon can put you in the mindset of your first love [Kare Kano]
- And examination of Detroit Metal City’s accuracy and awesomeness [DMC]
- A manifesto on fanboyism, a bit out of date but still popular [Gainax]
- My thoughts on happy endings (teehee) [Madoka]
- My gimmicky narrative style [NEEDLESS]
- A question about whether the old “darker, grittier version” is really more “real” [Madoka]
- A quick picture that can spawn emotional reactions [Eureka 7]
- More ridiculous gimmickry [Macross Frontier]
- Something resembling a review (for the Reverse Thieves Secret Santa) [Dennou Coil]
- A hot steaming listicle [Utena]
- A more measured opinion than my reputation might lead you to believe [Jun Maeda/Key]
As an aside, you may notice two other writers in the sidebar, they’re pretty occasional contributors at best (do consider a vote for them when their individual blogs come up).
And finally, if you’re wondering why I didn’t participate last tourney, it’s because I retired.
Anyway, thanks for stopping by. If the Tourney is really all about discovering new blogs and not about who wins or loses, I hope that you’ve discovered mine. And if you’re already a reader, just remember all those handjobs I promised for your votes.